Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export to Excel Improvements for Table and Matrix Visuals

The new option to export data to Excel works, but can be improved on several aspects:
- if you export a table that contains columns and measures from different tables, the columns are not reported in the same order as in the visualization, but columns from one table are reported first, then there are the columns of the next table, and so on
- if conditional formatting is used for some fields of a table, when exporting the table, a column containing the value of the measure used for conditional formatting is also shown
- the names with which the columns are exported are those of the original table and not those established in the visualization
- if a matrix contains more than one row in the header (for example turnover 2021, turnover 2020, turnover 2019) and has the months as columns, once the table has been exported, the rows of the header are translated and become columns, developing the table horizontally
- If the fields contained in the matrix/table are decimal numbers formatted to have two decimal places, once exported they maintain the formatting of the original column (with many more decimals)
- The colors are not maintained, but this is rightly specified when you do the export.

I hope you find these tips useful for future updates. Thank you!

Hi, 

If you have an idea to help to improve the PowerBI, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_0-1638258140671.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, 

If you have an idea to help to improve the PowerBI, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_0-1638258140671.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin