Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export to CSV from service, is converting negative values to text format

When i export the data to csv from desktop, the number formatting is fine.

But the export to csv from the service, is converting negative numbers to text format and the postive numbers are in the number format (both from the same column).

Not sure if it is a bug. 

Thanks,

Soumya

Comments
Mike99Schmidt
Frequent Visitor

This seems to have started for us over the weekend.

rexxk923
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. Whenever I export data and a cell contains a negative number, there is a leading apostrophe before the negative number ('). 

Mike99Schmidt
Frequent Visitor

Any idea on when this will be corrected? This is significantly impacting reports for users throughout our organization. 

sswanson
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having this issue but not in the service - I tested the service, and it seems fine (at least right now!).  Just in Power BI Desktop (version 2.82.5858.641 64-bit (June, 2020) ).

Negative numbers export in csv like so:    '-1487.00

Hoping that this will be resolved quickly 🙂

Thanks!

Sarah S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird.. 

I'm actually experiencing the reverse issue , where Desktop is adding the leading apostrophe, and Service is exporting my data correctly. Perhaps this is the result of an attempted fix?

amyklh
Regular Visitor

I and our users are also experiencing this, but only in Desktop version.

Using Version: 2.82.5858.641 64-bit (June 2020)

mpetrilaksb
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue with leading apostrophe not with negative numbers though.
In my report I have column URL where function HYPERLINK is created for use in Excel. Few weeks ago, formula had no leading apostrophe and on import to excel, formula recalculated nicely. Now there is that **bleep** apostrophe.
Anybody else had this issue with something other then negative numbers?

Thanks!

andyhere
Frequent Visitor

Has this been fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is happening in Desktop now as well. Please resolve ASAP!

rexxk923
Regular Visitor

My company is still experiencing this issue with no support. This is severly affecting our most important data process and the fact that this has been going on for almost half a month is quite concerning. Please bump this issue up the list!