Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export data with current layout function - BUG for values in rows

When choosing to export data from a matrix visual in a powerbi publised report, and the user selects the option "Data with current layout": 

mco077_0-1659700561469.png

the exported data does not mirror the visual as it should when the values in the matrix table are set to rows (default is columns)

mco077_1-1659700674463.png

Basically, in the report the user can visually see values in row format, but once exported to excel they are switched back to the default column format, which defeats the purpose of this function which is suppose to maintain the layout.

Could you kindly fix this bug so that if values are in Row format they are also exported in Row format?

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 326173404), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 326173404), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

mco077

@v-yingjl  thank you for that. I would like to know if there was some progress on this issue?

HLandry73
Frequent Visitor

Hello - Can you tell me if there is any progress on this?  I have several dashboards that are impacted by this and I am forced to create something less efficient for my users if I can't get the export to maintain the values on rows. It does not appear anyone has responded to mco077 since his post on 9/5/22.  

ccalkins
Regular Visitor

Has this been fixed? For me, I am having the same issue currently. Or, is there another work around?