Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export data to excel is showing incorrect data

Hi,

I am trying to export data from my tables and it is incorrect. the data export is from a completely different table. And when I tried to run this with another table it is not showing all the things which I can see in the table. (I have selected export underlying data to excel option)

This is a huge security issue with the reports I have created.

Please let me know if you like addtional details regarding this issue. I checked the issue is appearing in both default table visuals availble within power bi. 

thanks for your help with this,

Kind regards,

Abhishek

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand your scenario correctly, that's expected. Because you exported the underlying data rather than summarized data. Please refer to power-bi-visualization-export-data/#from-a-visualization-in-a-report. You also can disable export data. 

If this isn't the situation, please provide more details.

Export_data_to_excel_is_showing_incorrect_data

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Case 1 Table Visual Power BICase 1 Table Visual Power BICase 1 Excel OutputCase 1 Excel Output

CASE 2:

Case 2 Table Visual Power BICase 2 Table Visual Power BICase 2 Excel outputCase 2 Excel output

In Case 2, the excel data is completly different, it does not include any coloumn data such as NL GWP, % of GWP, Combined Ratio, NL Loss%. etc.

It looks like a weird bug. I hope this helps with your query. Please let me know if you require additional details.

@Vicky_Song;@v-jiascu-msft

thanks you for looking into this.

Kind regards,

Abhishek

Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason my Case 1 comments have been removed,

Here it is: if you compare both pictures from Case 1, you will find that there is no company name or country names can be found in the excel table. Hope this helps

JPBTech19
Frequent Visitor

Any update on this?

Having the same issue and am very concerned.