Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export data column order wrong for xlsx v. csv

Exporting the data from a table/matrix to CSV has the proper column order that matches the table.

However, in the service, export to XLSX seems to randomly re-order the columns.

Shown is an image with all 3 column headers. The service on top, CSV (with matching header order) in the middle, XLSX on the bottom with random order headers.

This is coming from Project Online, however I am able to replicate using multiple data sources including SQL Server.

2.png

Comments
Jitendraddonram

Hi All,

I have posted the same issue below, reports are not exported same order as in the report. I had discussion with one of our client but they are not happy with feature and demanding report should be exported same as in power bi pbx file.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Export-data-column-order-wrong-for-xlsx-v-csv/idi-p/118758

Best Regards

jitendra Bisht

atultripathi_01

Hi the excel export from a tabular view does not gives the columns in same order as on tabular view.

Any hints or ideas why?

Jamez_P
Regular Visitor

What does delivered mean? It still exports in the order that the columns were added