Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export a table to Excel in the right column order...

Recently when exportig data from tables using power bi, the export in the xlsx file appears (which is great), but in the wrong column order! Can there at least be an option to keep the exsitng order?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@harleyD

I just tried to order the column and then export Summarized data to .xlsx  (Excel) file in Power BI Service, the existing order can be kept properly. Is there any difference between our testing scenarios?

Export a table to Excel in the right column order_5.jpgExport a table to Excel in the right column order_3.jpgExport a table to Excel in the right column order_4.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

harleyD
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Thanks for taking the time to look ito this @v-haibl-msft.

I'm running the same steps as you describe above, so this must be down to a local issue...

I have tried this on a few different reports (online) and its an issue in all of them!

Oh well!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@harleyD

If possible, you can upload you PBIX file to online file service (e.g. OneDrive) and share it. I can try to publish your PBIX file to my Service account to see if it is reproducible. Make sure you’ve removed the sensitive data before sharing.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this been figured out? I am have the same issue. CSV export matches the table column order from the PBI Service, but export to XLSX seems to randomly re-order the columns.

Shown is an image with all 3 column headers. The service on top, CSV (with matching header order) in the middle, XLSX on the bottom with random order headers.

2.png

Guust
Regular Visitor

The issue described by cksiz also happens to me. So the .CSV export has the columns exactly in the same order as the ones in my report, but the .XLSX export messes the order up. This seems like a bug.

carvalhoelder
Frequent Visitor

Same thing here. It only happens on PBI Service and .XLSX export.

v-sadadi
Employee

Same thing happened to me when I exported a table data to XLSX. The columns are reordered. Please suggest an option to solve this issue.

harleyD
Frequent Visitor

Still nothing on this! I have tried re-creating from scratch - unfortunately the same thing happens!

ThwaiVA
Regular Visitor

Our end users are also having issues with this.  Our current advice is for them to export to .CSV but we'd be keen to know when the fix is available.

v-haibl-msft
Employee