Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export Summarizred data from a table not working with Field Parameters

The title says it all , when exporting a table (or any other visual) that uses field parameters, the the export result is corrupted only some values show up.

TallesLessa_0-1653667276911.png
I get that it has propably something to to with the limitations stated in the preview release, however it does not stated that this feature would not work:

• You can't use implicit measures for now, so if you need an aggregated column as one of your fields, you need to create an explicit DAX measure for it. Read more about implicit vs. explicit measures.

Hi @Anonymous,

Firstly, please have a look at how Summarized data works. This type of export shows you only the data (columns and measures) that is being used to create the visual. If a visual has a hierarchy, you'll export aggregated data for the full hierarchy. This means that even though your current view of the chart shows two columns (two Country/Regions), your summarized data will display four rows -- one for each City in the hierarchy.

In addition, if there are filters applied to this visual, then you will export data with filters. If your visual has aggregates (sum, average, and so on), the export will also be aggregated.

For more details, you could refer to Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous,

Firstly, please have a look at how Summarized data works. This type of export shows you only the data (columns and measures) that is being used to create the visual. If a visual has a hierarchy, you'll export aggregated data for the full hierarchy. This means that even though your current view of the chart shows two columns (two Country/Regions), your summarized data will display four rows -- one for each City in the hierarchy.

In addition, if there are filters applied to this visual, then you will export data with filters. If your visual has aggregates (sum, average, and so on), the export will also be aggregated.

For more details, you could refer to Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Anonymous
Not applicable

Experiencing the same problem, export only works when using 'Data with current layout', not with summarized data.

alicialcaide
Helper II

Hey,

I'm having the same issue with Matrix. Once I have added the Field Parameter as row, for instance, the Excel file I export doesn't include the fields.

Thanks.

Regards,

Alicia.

m-colbert
Resolver II

Same issue as @alicialcaide ... when using field parameters in a table/matrix or x axis, when exporting data these fields are not incldued. This is a great feature that saves a ton of time over using bookmarks with duplicated visuals except a different row hierarchy or x-axis. However, for those of us who end-users export data a lot, this make the feature unusable in this context.

Alternatives would be seperate export page, paginated report as basis of export or analyze with Excel or connect to power bi dataset from Excel. However, when you have hundreds of end-users who are used to being able to export underlying data to Excel and now can't ... this is a big change.

Please fix this so all forms of export worth the same as whther or not field paraemters are being used.

Thanks!

RHOU
Advocate II

@v-cazheng-msft 

I can confirm this behavior using the Matrix when MORE than one of the field parameter fields is selected. If only 1 field parameter field is selected, the export works fine. 

The first 5 columns in the Matrix are added via Field Parameter. When trying to export (both Summarized Data as well as "with current layout"), it always results in the following error: 

RHOU_1-1676988144355.png

RHOU_0-1676988074699.png

When I use the "personalize this visual option" and remove the field parameter and instead manually add  those 5 columns, the export works fine. 

Therefore, to summarize again: The export function breaks when a field parameter is used and more than 1 field parameter is selected in the Matrix visual. 

SimonNoer
Regular Visitor

Same problem with underlying data

Export work fine when we just use the measures in a table

but same table with the same measures but as field parameters doesnt work