cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Data to Excel Columns Rearranging

I'm having an issue where my report has two tabs with identical tables but querying different datasets.  When I export the first table to excel, the columns and data stay in the current layout, but when I export the second tab's table, the columns are rearranged in the exported file.  Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Status: Investigating

Still could not reproduce it in my side when I use both SQL source to test it, both of import mode and direct query mode work fine.

 

Have you used import mode or direct query mode when this issue happened? Could it be related to much rows so that if you can try to test few rows with the same columns to check it again.

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test.

I have used an excel source and a SQL source with the same table structle in Power BI to export data with current layout, both of them show the same.

vyingjl_0-1637823292035.pngvyingjl_1-1637823316605.png

 

Perhaps you can try to publish to different workspaces to check it again or share more details about this issue.

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

GioM
Regular Visitor

My data sources are both SQL, and I am pulling 17 total columns.  My second table is also pulling an 18th column that is part of the data source but not part of the report or visual.  I've published it in a different workspace and it seems like it is having the same issue.  

To "fix" the issue (more like stick a band-aid on it), I added that 18th column to the visual, and my columns all realigned back to their intended order in the export.  when removing the 18th column on the visual, the export is once again out of order.  

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Still could not reproduce it in my side when I use both SQL source to test it, both of import mode and direct query mode work fine.

 

Have you used import mode or direct query mode when this issue happened? Could it be related to much rows so that if you can try to test few rows with the same columns to check it again.

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

GioM
Regular Visitor

It looks like we are in import mode.  

It was working fine a week or so ago and nothing has changed on our end as far as our data sources.  

the rows are less than 1500 on the second tab (the one with the issue). 

 

The row count on the first tab (working as intended) has 33k+ rows.  

FeddeB
Regular Visitor

I experience the same behavior.

I also have a table with quite some columns (~25). It switches the first 2 columns and also a column which is a measure is moved to the back (don't know if that has to do with it being a measure).

 

Additionally I experience that the date column is changed to General format in Excel (which is not happening in Export summarized data).