Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Expand and Collapse not working with Hierarchies in Fields Menu (New Modeling View)

Hi team,

I've been utilising the pilot Relationships view to organise my measures and fields into folders.  I've noticed however that when you create a hierarchy and include it in a folder, that folder does not display correctly when trying to expand or collapse in the Report:Fields view.  

I can confirm I'm using the December 2018 version of Desktop.  The new feature is great but this makes it really hard to follow if a hierarchy is put in a folder.

Cheers

Kirsty

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KCinMelbourne,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. The latest Power BI desktop version is 2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018), do you run this latest version? 

If it is, would you please share pbix file with us? You can upload it to your OneDrive and send share link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

KCinMelbourne
Resolver I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I can confirm my version being run is: 2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018).  

Since the above, I found that closing Power BI and re-opening it cleared the error.  I also experienced an issue where I created a folder in the new relationship view (it only had Hierarchies in it), but it wasn't visible at all in the report view.  Again I closed PBI then reopened the file and the folder was there operating as intended.

Given this, even if I provided the file, the error would not appear. I'm hesitant to do so because it has live links to our Project Online data.  However, if you think even with the error cleared it might help you resolve this issue, please let me know and I'll try to remove the live links and share the resulting file.

Cheers

Kirsty

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KCinMelbourne,

Please check if this issue happen frequently in Power BI desktop. Also you can test with other data source to see if issue only occurs with Project online source. 

Regarding the issue " I also experienced an issue where I created a folder in the new relationship view (it only had Hierarchies in it), but it wasn't visible at all in the report view.  Again I closed PBI then reopened the file and the folder was there operating as intended.", I would suggest you create a new thread with detail steps to reproduce the issue. We will reply in the new thread after researching. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

KCinMelbourne
Resolver I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I'll provide an update on frequency and whether it is limited to Power BI as soon as I can. It will be dependent one what I'm developing.

With regards to the folder not showing at all, I'd prefer not to create another issue. Realistically, it is closely related if not the same issue with different symptoms. I'd suggest the reason was that in the earlier examples, I had both fields and hierarchies in the same folder. When the folder didn't show up at all, it only had hierarchies. 

Cheers

Kirsty

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KCinMelbourne,

As I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu