Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ExecuteXmla failed with result on opening one file.

ExecuteXmla failed with result on opening one file. Other files I am able to open. I created the file with older version and opened in december version, made some changes and saved. When I open for next time getting below error. Re-installing Power BI also didnt work

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
ExecuteXmla failed with result

Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.ExecuteXmla(String xmla)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.<>c__DisplayClass46_0.<ImageLoadDatabaseFromPbix>b__0()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.OnErrorClarify(Action action, String clarification)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

Stack Trace Message:
ExecuteXmla failed with result

Invocation Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<HandleException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.88.802.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService","Error":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.XmlaExecutionException - PFE_XPRESS9_DECODER_FETCHUNCOMPRESSEDDATA_FAILED,PFE_XPRESS9_INTERNAL_ERROR_OCCURRED","MethodDef":"ExecuteXmla","ErrorOffset":"112"}

InnerException0.Stack Trace Message:
The Decoder Fetch Uncompressed Data failed with error code 9, error description 'DecoderCorruptedData'.
An error occurred while attempting to load the dataset (reference ID '6295d13e-00b3-4c47-b19a-066c972773be').

InnerException0.Stack Trace:

InnerException0.Invocation Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.FeedbackErrorInfo.GetFeedbackValuesFromException(Exception e, String prefix)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.FeedbackErrorInfo.GetFeedbackValuesFromInnerExceptions(Exception e, Int32 depth)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.FeedbackErrorInfo.CreateAdditionalErrorInfo(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.FeedbackErrorInfo..ctor(String message, Exception exception, Nullable`1 stackTraceInfo, String messageDetail)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<HandleException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

PowerBINonFatalError_ErrorDescription:
PFE_XPRESS9_DECODER_FETCHUNCOMPRESSEDDATA_FAILED,PFE_XPRESS9_INTERNAL_ERROR_OCCURRED

PowerBIUserFeedbackServices_IsReported:
True

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Azhagu 

The latest version works fine for me. You may temporarily try earlier versions from Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Lin

kribrok
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue with my .pbix files.

I am using Power BI (Optimized for Power BI server - May 2020) and have tried the following fixes:

1. Uninstalling my Power BI.

2. Updating to the new October 2020 update.

3. Reinstalling the May 2020 app.

I receive the following error messages:

"ExecuteXmla failed with result" when trying to open the file directly from its folder.

"We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model" when trying to open the file from Power BI.