Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ExcuteXmla failed with result: can't open my pbix file

Hi! When I try to open my pbix file, I get this error: ExecuteXmla failed with result.

Same occurs when I try to download that same file from Power BI Service.

For some reason (thank God), I am able to open new and others files, as do some actions like save and re-open these files.

A full description for what is going on can be read below:

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Release:
November 2021

Product Version:
2.99.782.0 (21.11) (x64)

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.XmlaExecutionException
em Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.ExecuteXmla(String xmla)
em Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.<>c__DisplayClass45_0.<ImageLoadDatabaseFromPbix>b__0()
em Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.OnErrorClarify(Action action, String clarification)
--- Fim do rastreamento de pilha do local anterior onde a exceção foi gerada ---
em System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
em Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()
em Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.99.782.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService","Error":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.XmlaExecutionException - PFE_XM_DBCC_HIERARCHY_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_COLUMN_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_TABLE_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_DATABASE_FAILED","MethodDef":"ExecuteXmla - PFE_XM_DBCC_HIERARCHY_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_COLUMN_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_TABLE_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_DATABASE_FAILED","ErrorOffset":"80"}

InnerException0.Stack Trace:

Hi, 

According to your description, do you mean that this issue has been resolved after you opened new and other files?

I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and check if this problem can disappear.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, 

According to your description, do you mean that this issue has been resolved after you opened new and other files?

I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and check if this problem can disappear.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PedroEloy

No. The file that this error occurs is still broken.

What I can do is open new and others files. But there's a specific report which I can not work on yet due this error.

Do you have some idea about what is going on?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

If you want to get a solution for this kind of opening problem vis the detailed error message as soon as possible, I suggest you to open a support ticket to get direct help from the technical support team of Microsoft.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,