Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Excel or csv file with password protected import to power bi

Good Day All,

It is indeed surprising why excel/csv file  with password protected is not able to import in power bi. If there is an option to enter the credentials , then lot of reports and dashboarding could be developed by using gateways for businnes by ensuring file secured in local drives. I request the users to support and microsoft team to birng some changes in connectors to highlight this isssue to be resolved .

Thanks in advance

To implement this feature, votes are needed in Power BI Ideas: Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com).

Comments
msbiuser1
Advocate I

Yes, i too support for this, as of now we copy paste the data to new excel file manually and load it. Its challenging to convince when other BI tools support this feature. Users plz support and vote.

edhans
Super User

Hi @saravanan_p  - the "suggest idea" button on this forum is misleading. This should be issues (bugs, service failures, etc) related to Power BI.

To suggest Ideas, Power BI has an entirely separate Ideas site, and here is a link to opening password protected Excel files you can add your vote to. Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com)

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

To implement this feature, votes are needed in Power BI Ideas: Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com).