Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Excel export not working. Matrix visual with "show on rows" in the values section of the format pane

Export to excel is not working properly when using a Matrix visual with the show on rows option selected under the values area in the format pane.

Here is what the report looks like in desktop...

dsmithchildren_0-1642622925506.png

dsmithchildren_1-1642622987032.png

dsmithchildren_2-1642623032053.png

Data and report look the exact same on the Power BI service.  But when I click the elipsis on the visual within the service and click on "export data" and choose "data with the current layout" and then "export" I get the following (If I choose summarized data it doesn't work either)...

dsmithchildren_3-1642623949859.png

I know that formatting changes aren't applied to the exported data but even though this option is in the formatting pane it is really more of a structural changes to the display of the data and should be kept through the export process.  Otherwise, the description of the "data with current layout" text is incorrect because it is not in the same layout.

dsmithchildren_4-1642624115314.png

Update:

Currently it has been confirmed as a known issue internal, engineers are working to fix it. If there is any ETA about it, would update here continously.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 284202124). Would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Best Regards,

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Update:

Currently it has been confirmed as a known issue internal, engineers are working to fix it. If there is any ETA about it, would update here continously.

Best Regards,

dsmithchildren

Awesome!  Thank you!

AmmoNijjar
Regular Visitor

Any update on this issue? I also am experiencing the same problem, meaning users currently have to "expeort to excel" and the associated filtering issues with that!

VilleQvist
Frequent Visitor

Any updates? Users complaining about this a lot and I need to give an answers to them.

SunshineLiao

Hello, is there any updates on this topic? We are facing the same issue. It will save the users a lot of time if it can be solved. Thank you. 

smdp

Is there any updates on this topic? We are facing the same issue. Used to be a pretty basic feature in SSRS.

Joe2451

Pinging again, any update?  Cannot export in correct format and users need to export in Excel to complete their work.  Thanks!

llls

Waiting for this!!! Any update?

llls

Is there any updates on this topic?