Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Every dashboard shared with my organization gets automagically "pinned" in Power BI. STOP IT.

Every time anyone in my organization (and it's a BIG organization) shares a dashboard on Power BI with any group I'm part of (and have I said it's a BIG ORGANIZATION), their dashboard gets "pinned" to the left navigation bar automatically. This means I get dozens and dozens of new dashs added to the list weekly, and 99% of them I DO NOT CARE ABOUT.

PLEASE STOP THIS MADNESS. I should be able to opt-in to dashes I'm interested in (and I'm fine with you spamming the Notification list with notifications of new dashboards), but STOP FORCING THEM ON ME.

I've already spent way too much time selecting, "Remove"-ing (and then having to Confirm the removal) of the hundreds of dashboards I don't want burying the content I DO want to see. (And this process being a 3-clicks for every single removed dash is ridiculous as well, by the way.)

TURN THIS OFF or give the user a way to do so -- and the "Show" filter (All Content / My Content / Shared with Me) is ZERO HELP in this regard: All Content is exactly this problem, My Content contains NOTHING (because everything even I make is within controlled workspaces), and Shared with Me appears to have all the same content as All Content.

Please stop making me clean up other people's messes!

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@AlanDye

You can create an idea for this feature request in http://ideas.powerbi.com.

For the “Show” filter, I am a little confused why it is not help to you. When I select My content, only my dashboards will be displayed as first screenshot. When I select Shared with me, only shared dashboards will be displayed as second screenshot.

Every dashboard shared with my organization gets automagically pinned in Power BI. STOP IT._2.jpgEvery dashboard shared with my organization gets automagically pinned in Power BI. STOP IT._1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

AlanDye

The "show" functionality does not work for me (I think) because the dashboards that I own/update are published into groups and not "My Workspace" so that they are shared with the correct audience and my team members are all able to consistently make edits, etc. This means that:

1) "My content" returns nothing at all

2) "All content" and "Shared with me" return the exact same set (which is what I regularly have to "trim down" to remove the hundreds of dashboards I do not care about). See the screenshots below which demonstrate this:

My ContentMy ContentAll ContentAll ContentShared with meShared with me

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@AlanDye

If the dashboards you own/update are published into groups, you should go to the groups and then show My content/Shared with me.

Every dashboard shared with my organization gets automagically pinned in Power BI. STOP IT._1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert