Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Esri Arcgis Maps does not load on Power BI Desktop for some files

For some reason, on some of my pbix files, the esri arcgis files will not load. I just get the loading screen below

Capture.PNG

Comments
jmaurer17
Regular Visitor

Another ArgGIS question: Can anyone tell me why in some instances I can see the Drive Time icon when using the ArcGIS Editor and other times it is not present?

I have included two images below. The first shows the Editor without the Drive Time icon, while the second shows it with the icon.

PB_ArcGIS_ToolBar.PNG

PB_ArcGIS_wDriveTime.PNG

When Drive Time icon is present, the Data Fields for the visual contains a Tooltips field.   This field is ommit when the incon is missing. 

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated. 

joesyp

Hi all,

I updated my powerBI version and now my mpas show  an error "1 features not located" and even "130 features not located".

I have a major presentation tomorrow and it never used to do this. How to I go back to the old version?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the same error of "Failed to locate 1 feature".

The ESRI map is also not displaying the format button to modify the style of the map

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I tried deleitng the cache from %localappdata%\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF and the issue persisted. However, I deactivated the preview feature (File > Options and Settings > Options > Preview Features > Uncheck ArcGIS Maps for Power BI), restarted Power BI Desktop and activated it back again and now is working.

I'm using the Power BI Desktop 2.46.4732.581 64-bit (May 2017) version.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers!

Nelson

gooranga1
Power Participant

I am also getting the "Failed to locate Features" message when I know all the lat/longs are valid. I created a calculated field and rounded the lat longs to 2 decimal places which did find some of the missing items but not all.

BradB

Having the same issue.  Once I deleted the "cache" folder (as reccomended by Qiuyun) it is now working.

Is there a long-term fix coming?

cheezzer
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

I tried deleting Cache, unticking the app inside optiosn...Etc. as Nelson pointed out.

But I still get the same error. "Failed to located 2 features". Any help would be much appriciated. Thanks

ArcGIS Error

Serge71

I have the same issue: ESRI shows just 3 animated bars and no map or data.

Check/Uncheck of the preview features and cache cleaning don't help. 

I created a simple table to verify ESRI:

Amount (Int64)        Postal Code (Text)

XXX                           US postal code 1

YYY                           US postal code 2

for Postal Code set Data Category -> Postal Code, Default Summarization->Don't summarize

in the ESRI: Location = Postal Code, Size = Amount. 

What is wrong?

lukaszp
Power BI Team
Is this still happening? We made a fix that resolved the issue in all known cases months ago.
nnickerson

I'm getting the same error in the latest version.  Failed to Locate XX features.   

Here are some samples of my lat/longs:

X

Y