Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Errors encountered with different visualizations while using a Live Connection

I am using a live connection to a tabular model for my dashboard and I am facing a host of problems :

1. A particular measure keeps on throwing the error "Unexpected Exception Occured" with details as "Failed to execute DAX query" . After correcting it multiple times, it works fine for a while and then falters. The Calculation of the measure is correct. 

2. When I am publishing the dashboard on the PowerBI portal, there is an immense lag and some of the visuals again throw the error "Unexpected Exception" even though the measures used for creating them are correct.

Any ideas regarding any of the problems?

Any sort of help is hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PowerBIAmateur,

From your description, it seems that you create a report measure when you connect to tabular model in a live connection, right?

1. Which desktop version did you run? Please try the latest version.

2. Which kind of DAX did you use to create a report measure? Please try to create another one. See if the issue happen to this specific measure?

3. If there is another tabular model, please try another with same DAX to see if issue related to tabular model.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info