Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error with non-encrypted connection to SQL server through Gateway

I have created a bunch of dataflows which connects to on-prem SQL server dBs through an enterprise gateway. They used to refresh fine until somewhere after sept 6. I tried to recreate them, but I cannot even get to the list of tables in the dB. When doing the same thing on-prem with Power BI Desktop, I get to accept connecting to the server with a non-encrypted connection. When creating the query in Dataflows, this option is not proposed - or no longer, as these dataflows used to work without issue. 

Can someone confirm if this a recent change and expected behaviour ? - i.e. connection to a SLQ server via the DMG must be encrypted and non-encrypted connections are no longer supported in dataflows (though still supported in Power BI Desktop) 

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@bdarbo78 ,

I'm afraid I could not reproduce this on my side. I would suggest you create a support ticket here for further analysis.

Support Ticket.gif 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao