Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error when trying 'Refresh Now' (Online Service)

When I try to use the 'Refresh Now' to refresh my Datasets for the Power BI Online service, I get an error.  And when I go into my settings to update my ODATA2 credentials it consistently gives me an error.

These are the multiple errors I get when trying to Refresh my data sets:intake_dataset_issue.pngnational_uc_dataset_issue.pngdashboard_dataset_issue.png

And for the ones where they give me the option to re-enter my credentials, I get these error:odata2_error.JPG

I've noticed that a lot of people been having similar issues and am just hoping to bring awareness to get this resolved.  Thank you.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@direct_channect

Do you get data from Sharepoint in Power BI Desktop and then publish to Power BI Service? Can you refresh the data properly in PBI Desktop?

I just try above scenario and can edit credential and refresh dataset in PBI Service successfully.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

direct_channect
Regular Visitor

Thanks, Herbert.

Yes, I am pulling info from Sharepoint and working with it initially in PBI Desktop.  However, it seems broken if I'm not able to Refresh in the online version.  Thanks for your help.  Again is the error I'm receiving when trying today.

Thank you

referesh_error_1-26-17.JPG

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@direct_channect

Could you please try to delete the original one in PBI Service and republish from PBI Desktop to see if it helps?

Best Regards,

Herbert