Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error when refreshing dataset despite gateway status showing online, OAuth2 not working

I have 2 issues:

1) OAuth2 authetication no longer works (both Service and Desktop), coming up with the error "Unable to update this data source's credentials. Unable to connect to the data source."

2) Dataset refresh comes up with this error even when all gateway status shows "online"

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the VSTS source are invalid. (Source at sita-pse.)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"VSTS"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceOriginKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"VSTS"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceOriginPath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"sita-pse"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"sita-pse"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessForbidden"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"VSTS\",\"path\":\"sita-pse\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessForbidden"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: defect by sprint.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-G-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: d702d841-7cdc-45b3-8ef2-e194561b5cf5
Request ID: 212fdc9d-4ea3-c251-e107-2b5a53966f33
Time: 2022-05-17 11:59:38Z

Hi All,

We get inform from the product group said it’s a known issue. Power BI customers using Azure DevOps Server connector may experience issues connecting from desktop and users who already have connection established and report published to service might experience credentials errors when refreshing the dataset. They are working on the fix for it. If this issue still happen in your region, please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
AllenD_MSFT
Employee

I'm sorry some are still seeing this issue. I tried again just now and it worked for me so I'm not sure what's going on. Perhaps it was fixed in some cases, but not others. I asked the AzDO team and they indicated the problem was in PowerBI and that it was fixed. But since you are still seeing an issue there must be more to the story. I can't promise to address this, but will do what I can to see if there's anything I can do. I'm not on the PowerBI team, however, so any noise the community makes about this issue might have enought weight to get this issue noticed even sooner. If I hear something I'll let this thread know.

Thanks,

Allen Denver

Visual Studio for Mac

cdarmody

Thank you for your help Allen. There must have been a fix last night because I tried reconnecting the data source credentials this morning and it seemed to work now with no error.

catiewilliams17
Advocate I

Thanks @AllenD_MSFT ! I am fixed as well - must have gotten deployed in certain places first or something.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi All,

We get inform from the product group said it’s a known issue. Power BI customers using Azure DevOps Server connector may experience issues connecting from desktop and users who already have connection established and report published to service might experience credentials errors when refreshing the dataset. They are working on the fix for it. If this issue still happen in your region, please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun