Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error when get data from wikipedia

I put a wikipedia link on the web data source, then when publish I got the error: You need Power BI Pro. If I delete this data source, the error stop.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@paulopaim

Did you get the same error for all the web data source but not just Wikipedia?

Power BI team are currently working on improving the refresh of cloud based data sources. As part of this, one of the changes they have made recently is that new datasets that leverage import from Web pages will not be automatically configured for refresh in Power BI service, and will require the use of a gateway. Please consider using the Personal Gateway or On-Premises data gateway if you would like to use this capability. They are working on removing this restriction in the future.

Please keep an eye on this post.

Data from a dataset that connects to on-premises data using the Power BI Gateway - Personal or the On-premises Data Gateway is Power BI Pro content. So you may get above error message if you are using a free account.

Best Regards,

Herbert

paulopaim
Advocate I

Thanks for the answer @v-haibl-msft,

The error only happens with wikipedia source, I think that can be because the anonymous access, I don't know, but if I delete the wikipedia, the error go out. I get the data from wikipedia e put in an excel file and saved on the onedrive for bussiness, I redirect the data from wikipedia to this excel file on onedrive and the error didn't appear again.

paulopaim
Advocate I

@v-haibl-msft, I saw the post about the updates to the Web connector, I'll try the personal gateway.

Thank you.

Paulo Paim

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered