Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error when accessing "My Subscriptions" for some users

Hey,

We are using PBI Report Server Version 1.5.7074.36177 (May 2019) on premises.

At some point since we upgraded to the May 2019 version of PBI Report Server (PBIRS), some users started to get an access error when trying to go to "My Subscriptions".  This is accessed via the gear icon at the top right.  I'm not sure if it started immediately after the upgrade as it was not reported until about a month later.

My Subscriptions.PNG

PBI RS My Subscriptions Error.png

These same users are able to access subscriptions for an individual report the usual way, via the Manage option.  However, often users have subscriptions for more than one report, so being able to see then all in one place is very helpful.

What's really strange is that it affects some users but not others even though both have the same access (are in the same security groups) from an SSRS perspective.

When a user encounters the error, nothing appears in the many different SSRS logs (or the Windows logs for that matter).

We've tried different browsers, clearing the user's browser cache, logging on and off, full reboots of both the user's PC and the PBIRS server, accessing via the network and via a VPN, but the issue persists.

Has anyone else encountered this?  I've been searching and checking the community, but I have not been able to find reports of this elsewhere.  Any other ideas of what we could try to fix this, or at least help to diagnose the source of the issue?

Thanks,

Matt

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@AlterraMatt ,

I could not reproduce your issue. I would suggest you create a support ticket here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

martinmswart
Regular Visitor

Hi, i know this is and old post but hopefully this will help someone else coming across this. The problem is the owner of the subscription does not have access to the subscripton. The My subscription page does a security check against all subscriptions that the user owns. If one of them fails the error will appear. So check all the subscriptions that the users owns and makes sure the user also has access to the report itself or change the owner of the report. Can also check the ReportsServerServices log file. Search for the username that is giving you issues and check which subscription fails with anauthorised. Then go and change the owner of that subscription to someone with access to the report or give the owner access to the report itself.