Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error using a "null" value within the JSON report filters using the Power BI JS API ("Is Blank")

Hi,

We have been experienced since last Friday some issues when using the PowerBI JS API when getting and setting the reports filters.

The issue is with the operator "Is Blank" in the Power BI filter panel.

Power BI.png

When we try to set a report with a filter containing a "null" value, we are receiving an error.

Json example:

Power BI Json Filter.png

Error:

Power BI API Error.png

This was working fine until last Friday. Is this a known bug or the API behavior changed? 

Best Regards

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@AntonioCoelho 

You may visit the powerbi-models repo to find more details and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

AntonioCoelho
Advocate I

@v-chuncz-msft  thank you for your feedback. I already created a ticket to further investigate this issue.

I'm not creating the Json filter, I'm the Microsoft API (https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript/wiki/Filters#page-level-filters) to get and set the page filter.

The Json example above is returned by the API using the "page.getFilters()" method.

When I try to use the same exact filter returned by the API to change the page filters using the method "page.setFilters([filter])" the API throws the error.

Again, this was working since at least 1 year ago until around the last week.