Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error updating workspace access

I getting the following error when I try to add a service principal account to a workspace. I tried using Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. All of them with the same problem.

Something did not work
The group could not be updated
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact us, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 52d0f5a4-cc44-48e6-9009-ad2cc7ce6d32
Request ID: 8412737a-ba15-9bb0-4a34-dfdba3df0e9f
Correlation ID: 82f5656c-4148-b81c-e1e7-5dc92a7131e5
Status code: 500
Time: Thu Mar 14 2019 09:01:22 GMT-0300 (Brasil Standard Time)
Release: 13.0.8730.154

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @fdsilva 

Which "service principal account " do you mean? Please share the ClusterURL info as well when the issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

fdsilva
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft!

Sorry, I did not understand what you mean with "ClusterURL". But I'm trying to do the steps of the link below. The problem occurs in step 5.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-service-principal

Thank you in advance.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @fdsilva

I mean when the error message pops out, the error information should contain ClusterURL. 

For your issue, please note you didn't hit the limitations: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-service-principal#considerations-and-limit...

Also please ensure your registered app setting is ok as mentioned in the blog "Getting started with service principal" section: 

"Note that the new AAD web application created in step 1 must be added to one of those security groups, to be able to authenticate to Power BI as a service principal."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

fdsilva
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft.

I think that the problem that I'm facing is described in the blog that you mention. Specifically here: 

Screenshot_0.png

Below more information. Regarding the limitations are all ok.

ClusterURLClusterURLSecurity GroupSecurity GroupService Principal NameService Principal NameGroup TypeGroup TypeError running applicationError running application

I'll try using the API. Probably this will solve the problem.

Thank you so much!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @fdsilva

If the issue still occurs, I would suggest you create a Support Ticket to get support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

fdsilva
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

I need to try using the API. Probably will work.

Your blog quote was enough for me. Thank you very much!

Please, consider this issue closed.

Best Regards.