Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error setting Oracle Database as Data Source on Power BI Gateway

Hello everyone! I’m facing problems to configure an Oracle Data source on Power BI Gateway. We have Oracle Client 12 and ODAC package installed -  64 bits version. I was able to connect Oracle Database with Power BI Desktop using the following settings – names were changed:

Server: (description=(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=SERVER_NAME)(port=1521))(connect_data=(sid=ORA)))

• Basic Authentication

However, when I configure Gateway Data Source on this same way it doesn't work. Here is the setting I tried to:

Data Source Name: TESTE

Data Source Type: Oracle

Server: (description=(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=SERVER_NAME)(port=1521))(connect_data=(sid=ORA)))

Authentication Method: Basic

Username: User

Password: XXX

This is the error message I've got as result:

Error Code: 2147467259

Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

I have also looked into other posts and tryed the solution described here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/On-premise-Gateway-and-an-Oracle-Datasouce/m-p/117602#M...

I have added the SERVICE_NAME parameter to the TNSNAMES.ora file and cofigured the Oracle Data Source on the Gateway as:

Server: //HOST/SERVICE_NAME. It not worked as well. I've got the same error message again.

Anyone know how any tips or to fix this issue? I don’t what I might doing wrong.

Thanks for help!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please run the on-premises data gateway on the same machine which contains Power BI desktop. Please restart on-premises data gateway service then test again. If the issue occurs, please check if any detail information logged in on-premises data gateway log

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue, I tried restarting the gatway and still not working, I also tried publishing the report from the same server and still nothing.

Appricate the help.

Thanks,

Ali Alhamedi.