Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error: "We couldn't sign you in. Please try again" when trying to sign in on Safari

The attempt to sign in into Power BI on Safari always ends up with following error:

We couldn't sign you in. Please try again

I enter my username and password normally. Then the browser seems to follow the endless loop of redirections and finally lands on the sign-in page again with the message "We couldn't sign you in. Please try again"

The issue also occurs, when I successfully login to the portal.office.com and click on the Power BI icon.

I have cleared cache, history, cookies. It did not help.

My configuration:

MacOS 10.14.6

Safari 13.0.1

When I do the same with Firefox, it works normally. The same issue is happening also to my colleagues.

Comments
coldry

@TheAdmin Thanks for that. I tried it but it made no difference I'm afraid.

My next step is to ask the user to uninstall and re-install Safari I think!

I'm reluctant to do that though because I do like to find the root cause.

I'll let you know how it goes.

pdbenbow
Resolver II

Of the people on this thread who are experiencing this issue, which of you require multi-factor authentication (MFA) for your users?

Our organization is using Duo for MFA, and I've been noticing this same or similar behavior when some of our MacOS users try to login to the Power BI Service. I had our cybersec team exempt one of those users from our Duo policy today, and she was miraculously able to login after that. I have a sneaking suspicion that this issue (at least at our organization) is related to our MFA policies, and it's somehow singling out the Mac users.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm encountering this same behavior on a Windows machine in both Chrome and Firefox. I'm logged in here (which is how I'm posting this comment), but I can't get to my org's Power BI Admin portal.