Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error message

Hi,

I'm trying to open PBI file then getting the below error message.

SRdeveloper_0-1675237372700.png

SRdeveloper_1-1675237406626.png

Thanks

Sr

Hi @SRdeveloper 

Can you open the pbix file normally in Desktop before ? Can your colleagues open this pbix file ? Have you done an update to your Desktop ? If the file itself is corrupted, you can find the corresponding report from the PBI Service and download the pbix file. Then open it via PBI Desktop .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @SRdeveloper 

Can you open the pbix file normally in Desktop before ? Can your colleagues open this pbix file ? Have you done an update to your Desktop ? If the file itself is corrupted, you can find the corresponding report from the PBI Service and download the pbix file. Then open it via PBI Desktop .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

SRdeveloper

Hi Ailsa,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Yes, it was working before but I can't open now. But the same file transferred to laptop then its working. I got other files as well in desktop computer none of them not working and getting same error.

Actually, I had old version of PBI then updated to new then created these three different files and used to work as well but suddently it's happening like this in desktop computer.

Even if I open second file in laptop  then it will get same error or go to blue screen then will restart the laptop and desktop systems.

Here I want to let you know other thing as well. I have created same data with different file names but  desktop system is not opening single file as well, where as laptop can open at least one file but if I try to open second file in latptop then it's same situation.

Kind regards,

SR.