Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error message from RSManagement every 10 seconds

I am on the October 2017 Power BI Report Server.

In the RSManagement log I see this eror repeated every 10 seconds although with a difference requestId value each time

2018-01-11 09:11:39.9747|ERROR|5|One or more errors occurred.| RequestID = s_5a246169-0de8-48ad-a95f-890453db8f75

When I run a profiler trace I can see this in the trace at the same 10 second interval:

User Error Message

Error 201

Severity 16

State 4

Procedure or function 'SetConfigurationInfoValue' expects parameter '@ConfigValue', which was not supplied.

Is this a bug?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @niallhannon,

Which action you perform in web portal then cause this issue occurs? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

niallhannon
Helper II

I dont even need to peform any action in the portal, this error is bneing recorded 24*7 basis every 10 seconds in the logs.

So it must be something automated that is polling something, maybe whatever checks for subscription needing execution?

niallhannon
Helper II

How do I go about getting better support for this issue from Microsoft? I am clear if there is even another channel into Microsoft bar these forums?

andrewpirie
Resolver II

We had this issue with an SSRS2017 instance we upgraded from SSRS2014. We resolved this by renaming the below records from the ConfigurationInfo table then restarting the SSRS service.

SELECT *
FROM ConfigurationInfo
WHERE Name = 'ReportBuilderLaunchURL'
OR Name = 'EnableReportDesignClientDownload'

This is unsupported and not recommended. It stopped the errors for us. These records were not present in a cleanly installed PBRS, and this is suggestive that they should no longer be there. After renaming the above two keys to something else, the errors stopped. The report [...] menu > Edit in Report Builder link is operational and the downloads > Report Builder link works as expected. I suspect a bug in the updater is led to these not being removed.