Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error loading data in .xel file from Azure Blob Storage

I am trying to import Azure SQLAuditLogs that are currently being housed in Azure Storage Account into Power BI. I am using the Azure Blob Storage connector to import the data from the Storage Account and noticed that the format in which the file are being brought in .xel. When I click on combine files I notice that the PBI runs into an error that states:

We didn't recognize the format of your first file (xxxxx.blob.core.windows.net). Please filter the list of files so it contains only supported types (Text, CSV, Excel Workbooks, etc.) and try again.

Now, I am only attempting to use tools supported by MS. Am I missing a step, I know I can use SSMS to create a table/csv but that would only end up adding an additional manual step each time I would like to refresh the data. I want to be able to supply a daily refresh path from the Storage Account all the way to the Power BI report.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  

to my knowledge, power bi couldn't get .xel file directly for now, you need to use other tools to transform it before import into power bi.

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Is there a technology in the MS stack that you recommend that also ingests data from Azure Storage Account?