Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error loading data in datamart after setting up incremental refresh

I created a datamart and have setup an incremental refresh for a fact table in the model. I only set the period for storing the data (3 years) and a refresh period (2 months).
After that a window 'Loading data' pops up.  In the 'Wrapping things up' phase I get this message:

Wrapping things up

InternalError
ErrorMessageLocal Sql execution failed. Message=A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.)HttpStatusCode500 sigurdfelix_0-1654245411793.png

Did you create the datamart and connect to your SQL Server directly or via the dataflow which has connected to your SQL Server?

If you the SQL Server connection has created by the datamart directly, you can try to create a new report in Power BI Desktop which connects to your SQL Server, set incremental refresh for it and publish to Power BI Service to check whether it could be incremental refreshed successfully.

If the datamart has created via the dataflow which has connected to your SQL Server, you can try to check whether the dataflow has worked fine.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Did you create the datamart and connect to your SQL Server directly or via the dataflow which has connected to your SQL Server?

If you the SQL Server connection has created by the datamart directly, you can try to create a new report in Power BI Desktop which connects to your SQL Server, set incremental refresh for it and publish to Power BI Service to check whether it could be incremental refreshed successfully.

If the datamart has created via the dataflow which has connected to your SQL Server, you can try to check whether the dataflow has worked fine.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

hndodds
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue. I am connected to a chain of Power Platform dataflows (A>B>C). Dataflow A is an extract/filter from the SQL server, the next 2 do merges/column selection/custom columns. The dataflows exist in a workspace for ETL, and I'm trying to set the datamart up in a workspace just for approved datasets/flows. I have incremental refresh set up on all 3 dataflows. The dataflows are fine and worked as a source for the datamart prior to incremental refresh being set up, but since I added incremental refresh I get the error above. I need to have incremental refresh on the data and transformations to reduce processing time and data latency. I tried copy/paste the queries from dataflow C into a new datamart, thinking it was some sort of timeout issue, but I get the same error.

pione3r
Regular Visitor

I am having exactly the same problem with scheduled refresh. I can see new data in ETL mode but schedule or incremental refresh fails with error message "InternalError ErrorMessage Local Sql execution failed. Message=A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server."

No changes in the source SQL, and the recreated test datamart with exactly the same queries refreshes absolutely fine.

I hope this bug gets resolved quicker.