Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error interacting with REST API using Google Bigquery connector

I'm running into this error when trying to create a direct query connection to BigQuery using the built-in Google BigQuery connector

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Not found: Job [project-id]:[job-id]
Details:
DataSourceKind=GoogleBigQuery
DataSourcePath=GoogleBigQuery
OdbcErrors=Table

I follow the tutorial in this page and specify the BillingProject to mine. However, the above error pop up.

I check the job in BigQuery query history and it was marked successful. Hence, there's probably something wrong when Power BI is trying to get the data into Power Query.

My table is in the asia-northeast region, and when I try to query with a table in the US region instead, I find that it works.

Is this a bug with the REST API having something to do with region of the table?

P/S: I'm currently using the latest version of Power BI I believe (Version: 2.65.5313.1381 64-bit (December 2018)

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

This is a known issue, and the issue will be fixed in March release of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @v-yuezhe-msft, this issue is not fixed yet, I am getting the same error.

mhaindl
Frequent Visitor

This seems to be the same issue: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/connecting-Bigquery-to-Power-BI-Desktop-Error-Job-Not-Found/...

And we are getting the same problem at our company: eu-west1 region and no way to connect via Power BI.