Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error in credentials (R) - Power BI Service

I uploaded in a power bi Service a Power BI file where i am using R script (power query) , when i try to configurate the schedule refresh I get the next message in the credentials part ( it runs without any problem in Power BI Desktop);

Captura.JPG

I have installed the last version of the personal gateway, and the versions of the R Packages that are supported by Power BI service (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-r-packages-support)  but I cant's run this succefully, I don't know what to do ...

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pbardales,

Please share detail information after you click "Mostrar detalles". 

In your scenario, please ensure the on-premise data gateway is running on the machine which has R installed. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

pbardales
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

This is the information that i see after click in "Mostrar detalles":

Captura_2.JPG

And yes, the R is installed  and running in the same machine where is installed the On-Premise Data Gateway (Personal mode).

Note: I have installed the last version of the On-Premise Data Gateway and R.

Best Regards,

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pbardales,

Which R script do you run in Query Editor? Which data source do you get data from? 

Also please share gateway log files with us, you can upload it to your OneDrive or Dropbox and send share link to me via private message. 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

pbardales
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

The Script that i am running is:

library(tm)
library(stringi)

documents <- Corpus(VectorSource(dataset$message))
documents = tm_map(documents, content_transformer(tolower))
documents = tm_map(documents, removePunctuation)
documents = tm_map(documents, removeWords, stopwords("spanish") )
documents = tm_map(documents, removeWords, stopwords("english") )
output <- dataset

output$nuevo <- stri_encode(documents$content, "", "UTF-8")

I have installed the libraries tm and stringi in R (both are supported by Power Bi Service). And that scripts run without any problem in Powerbi Desktop.

My datasource is a Postgresql DataBase that is installed in the same machine where is the Gateway running (if i remove the script this works fine in PowerBI Service).

I sent you a private message with the Onedrive link of the log.

Best regards,

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pbardales,

Thank you for your detail information. I have reported this issue internally: CRI 91140462. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

jshadel

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I'm also having the same problem. Can you please provide an update when you have one?

Best Regards,

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Fix is in November Gateway, to be released before end of week.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

pbardales
Regular Visitor

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft, i have installed the last version of the Gateway and the issue was fixed.

Best Regards!,