Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error in bookmark functionality Power BI Desktop and Service

Hi,

I have a problem when i use the new functionality, bookmark, in Power BI. I put two images with link property activated.  The images show and hide a Chart and a Matrix control. The problem is that Power BI Desktop and Service don't show correctly the filter that the page has established in the chiclet control.

I defined the bookmarks without filter, only show and hide controls and when i have click in the image and show the matrix control for example, only show filtered for the last year and i have to click again in then chiclet control to filter again.  This lead to confussion when the customer analize data.

Thanks.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

2017-11-16_174157.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a limitation in this first version. I hope it improves in following versions

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please share a sample pbix file with some dummy data for us to reproduce the issue? You can upload this pbix file to your OneDrive and share the link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Here you have the link to the PBIX in my OneDrive:

https://ite4-my.sharepoint.com/personal/antonio_garcia_ite4_es/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=11...

I reviewed in the Power BI help the limitations and considerations of the bookmarks functionality and i saw this:

Limitations and considerations

In this preview release of the bookmarks, there are a few limitations and considerations to keep in mind.+

• Custom visuals do not work with bookmarking if they are the source of the filter. If you're using custom visuals to filter elements on a page (for example, the chiclet slicer) and return to that page using a bookmark, the page may be filtered but the custom visual won't be updated to show how the page is being filtered

I hope Microsoft will improve this in the future. The customer want to use this functionality but leads to confusion when he analice data

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Bookmarks is a preview feature now, you can share your idea in this similar idea and vote it up: Make bookmarks remember custom visual settings

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu