Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error exporting to Excel from unsaved report

Starting early this week, our users reported an issue exporting data to Excel.  To replicate the issue, create a new report and populate with data.  Do not save the report.  Select Export to Excel.  You'll receive a message stating that your export is in progress, but then a few seconds later you'll receive an error message stating "Error Exporting Data.  Sorry, we couldn't export your visual data right now.  Please try again later."  As of late last week, users were able to export unsaved reports.  What has changed?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

That works fine for me. Just try again later and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

Tsanka
Kudo Collector

Same issue here.

@Anonymous , have you registered a support case and did you get any answer from the support team?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tsanka, yes I have created support ticket 120060424004948.  I did hear back from Microsoft yesterday afternoon, and they can also replicate the issue.  I don't have any other information yet.

Tsanka
Kudo Collector

Thanks, I registered a case as well (120060524008143). I'll update you if I get any news from the support.

Celador
Frequent Visitor

We're getting the same thing - multiple users reporting the same issue - still happening today

Celador
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone received updates regarding their tickets? as we still have users reporting this issue.

Tsanka
Kudo Collector

I had a couple of meetings with the support team during which they saw the bug and fetched logs with Fiddler. 

The ticket is still open, I hope to have some info from them this week.

Celador
Frequent Visitor

That's great, thank you kindly.

Tsanka
Kudo Collector

I was just informed by Microsoft support team that the issue is clasified as a bug and will be fixed in the July update of Power BI Service.