Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error deleting column in Power BI Desktop

I get the error "object reference not set instance of object" when I try to delete a calculated column. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@ramiroortiz 

I cannot reproduce the issue. You may try the latest version and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

ramiroortiz
Regular Visitor

Thanks!

I submitted a support ticket and this issue has been identified as a bug in the August 2020 release

atif-hafeez
Helper I

I am having the same issue. As mentioned by @ramiroortiz  it has been identified as a bug.

So i will keep the column and hope that in the next release, i will be able to delete it.

Sport11b

Hi,everybody.
I have the same problem like the topicstarter.
The most pity thing is that when I downloaded the previous release of Power BI desktop (from July 2020) and installed it , it couldn't open the pbix - files which were created by the last and newest version of Power bi desktop from 13august  which has this bug ...

It means , that Microsoft made a f...ing problem with this new release.
It doesn't work , and you can't install the previous version cause it can't open files created by the corrupted new version...
What type of developers work at Microsoft who allowed such a situation ?
F.king mor..ns. Pardon my French

sedareports
Advocate II

getting the same issue here. Unable to delete a column in model view.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue - extremely frustrating trying to narrow this down

Anonymous
Not applicable

same issue