Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error deleting column in Power BI Desktop

I get the error "object reference not set instance of object" when I try to delete a calculated column. Any ideas on how to resolve?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@ramiroortiz 

I cannot reproduce the issue. You may try the latest version and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

ramiroortiz
Regular Visitor

Thanks!

I submitted a support ticket and this issue has been identified as a bug in the August 2020 release

atif-hafeez
Helper I

I am having the same issue. As mentioned by @ramiroortiz  it has been identified as a bug.

So i will keep the column and hope that in the next release, i will be able to delete it.

Sport11b

Hi,everybody.
I have the same problem like the topicstarter.
The most pity thing is that when I downloaded the previous release of Power BI desktop (from July 2020) and installed it , it couldn't open the pbix - files which were created by the last and newest version of Power bi desktop from 13august  which has this bug ...

It means , that Microsoft made a f...ing problem with this new release.
It doesn't work , and you can't install the previous version cause it can't open files created by the corrupted new version...
What type of developers work at Microsoft who allowed such a situation ?
F.king mor..ns. Pardon my French

sedareports
Advocate II

getting the same issue here. Unable to delete a column in model view.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue - extremely frustrating trying to narrow this down

Anonymous
Not applicable

same issue