Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error When Trying to Refresh in Service w/ Postgres source

My dataset connects to a few different remote postgres servers. I used the postgres connector in desktop PBI rather than odbc. No issues with refreshing from desktop. I can't schedule refreshes in service because there is an error saying that my data source credentials are incorrect:

Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.

When I attempt to edit credentials I get the following error:

Failed to update data source credentials: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'No Such host is known'

These credentials are correct and the same that the desktop version uses successfully.

It also doesn't give me an option to use a gateway, because it says it is unnecessary:

You don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of its data sources are in the cloud, but you can use a gateway for enhanced control over how you connect.

Any ideas?

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to resolve this by switching from the PBI built-in postgres connector to an ODBC connection, and then making sure that the privacy settings matched between desktop and service.