Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error: Tooltip Slicers Not Updating in Publish Report

I have an error where when I change the slicer values on the main page, the tooltips is still retaining the values from the previous slicer choices selected. I am not having this issue on the desktop version. So the slicers are all defintely syced, but the tooltips are not refreshed with the new selections until a different option is selected. 

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@abrasuell 

The issue is reported internally : CRI 197451079.

gawa
Regular Visitor

I've got the same problem. My tooltips used to work just fine for the last few months, but since last week they don't update when changing a slicer selection. They are usually one slicer change behind, which is really annoying.

It works fine in PowerBI desktop, but no longer works for users of our published app.

Please resolve quickly!!

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@abrasuell 

Issue has been found and fix is in progress. It should reach production around August 17th.

gawa
Regular Visitor

Glad to hear that the issue was found and fix is in progress. Is there any kind of workaround until mid August?

Unfortunately not even the "Refresh"-button helps.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@abrasuell 

Fix has been delayed by a week (August 24th).

gawa
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft any update on this? I just tried and it's still not working in my reports. My management is getting impatient, since I keep promising them it's gonna be fixed soon 😞

abrasuell
Regular Visitor

@gawa I changed directions and stopped using custom tooltips. Instead I put an invisible button over the graphs that sends the user to the original tooltips page.

gawa
Regular Visitor

@abrasuell thanks for the hint!

Unfortunately I would really like to keep the tooltips, since on the one hand my users are already used to it and on the other hand I'm already using a lot of buttons for navigating within the app. In some cases I would really prefer the user to stay on the report page and just get extra information (in my case mostly comments to the figures presented) for different parts of the report page.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@abrasuell 

This seems to be fixed now. You may check again.

gawa
Regular Visitor

I just checked and it seems to be working properly again. 

thanks for fixing the issue!