Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error Sharing Reports Using Live Connection to Power BI Service

I have encountered errors on several different datasets when attempting to share report content which uses a Live Connection to the PBI Service. The dashboard I pin report content to appears normal and works fine for me (the creator), but when I share the dashboard with others, users report that the pinned tiles are inactive (they are unable to access the report, even using a direct link), and the error message "There was an issue loading one or more tiles." displays at the top of the dashboard.  Only the tiles which come from the report using a Live Connection are affected by this--tiles which come from the full dataset/data model work fine and users can access those reports with no issue.

Tile Error Snapshot.JPG

I have verified that users have access to the underlying dataset (to which the Live Connection is made), and that they have access to the dashboard which is being shared.  The consistent issue is that access to the shared report which uses a Live Connection does not work.  Even when they attempt to access the connected report using a direct link, they receive an error message as seen in the screenshot below.

Direct Link Error.jpg

I have tested and replicated this issue with 3 unique users who have all had the same experience, and I have replicated it with sample data that I would be happy to share.  One odd additional twist to this issue is that for all three users, the access to the connected report worked the first time, but then after they closed their browser and attempted to access the report again, the error was encountered and they were never able to access the report again.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @JHarb,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side, the issue should be related to the Power BI service. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered