Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error Message: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: modelingRelationship

Hi, I have this error appearing when I try to load the data. I started to get it after I updated PBI Desktop to the latest version. Before it was working fine. Please, help me:

Frown (Error)

Error Message:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: modelingRelationship

Thanks

Comments
AMPAllie
Helper II

Same.  Updated an hour ago and now getting this error

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Which specific step do you take when you get the above error, import data from your source to Power BI Desktop or apply query changes?

Are you able to take same operation in old version of Power BI Desktop? Could you please share the steps you take and source file so that I can test?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I try to refresh the data from my data source, then I get a window ' queries changes are applying', then I get this error. In the old version everything was working. I think you won't be able to test it cause I am connecting to our SQL server. Thanks for any advice in advance.

KR,

T.

AMPAllie
Helper II

Same. Connecting to SQL server.  "Applying" causes this error...on newly created reports and already created reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, now I have a new type of error: http://joxi.ru/EA4W0q5twlPQx2 when try to refresh the data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

...And the old one remains :((( Does anyone have any news regarding the issue?

AMPAllie
Helper II

I rolled back to the previous version of PBI.  No more error. Although, not a solution, it's the only thing that worked.

jpaprgacha
Regular Visitor

Hello. I'm getting the same errors, but I think is when PBI is going to create relationships.

Turn off "Autodetect new relationship after data is loaded" and work.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Could you please share the T-SQL you use to create the SQL tables so that I can replicate?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft sorry, where do I take T-SQL from?