Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error: License information on visual marketplace cannot be accessed

When trying to open license information for Power BI visual from market place access error is shown 

PublicAccessNotPermitted
Public access is not permitted on this storage account. 

Hi @ChrisAbeln ,

It appears as if access to public resources is disabled for the organization's storage account.
Looked up a similar error and some related documentation, hope you find it helpful.

Configure anonymous public read access for containers and blobs - Azure Storage | Microsoft Learn

linux - Azcopy 409 Public access is not permitted on this storage account - Stack Overflow

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @ChrisAbeln ,

It appears as if access to public resources is disabled for the organization's storage account.
Looked up a similar error and some related documentation, hope you find it helpful.

Configure anonymous public read access for containers and blobs - Azure Storage | Microsoft Learn

linux - Azcopy 409 Public access is not permitted on this storage account - Stack Overflow

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

daveroberts

I also see this problem. In order for my company to install a visual provided via the "Get More Visuals" in PBI Desktop I need to provided License and Privacy documents (for the "Tachometer 5 Ranges" visual from Dimensional Strategies Inc).

Error 1: When attempting to open License agreement there is a permission error when trying to open an XML file (even though, judging from the URL, the target appears to be Mircrosoft's "PowerBIDefaultCustomVisualEULA.pdf").  This error occurs on multiple visuals provided - from different authors/Microsoft partners.

Error 2: When attempting to open the Privacy Policy the error is a cert error when referred to "https://blob.dstrat.com/public/Privacy%20Policy_5%20Range%20Tachometer.pdf". This error appears specific to Dimesnional Strategies Ltd. as a visual supplier. I've raised ticket on their support system - but been unable to get resolved.