Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Enable R Script Visuals - Not saving setting

Using the July 2020 (x64, 2.83.5894.881) and earlier versions of PBI Desktop, I was able to enable R scripting visuals & have that setting saved within the .pbix file - allowing me to run scripts without interaction.

Subsequent versions of PBID have not saved the "Enable Script Visuals" setting, requiring me to interactively "Enable" scripting each time the file opens.

Suggestions?

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@tdhood ,

Please refer to the solution in case below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Enable-R-Script-Visuals-Not-saving-setting/td-p/1377705

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

tdhood
Advocate I

@v-yuta-msft 

That is not a solution - changing this setting has no effect.

These are not custom visuals - I'm using the native "R Script Visual" that's included with PBI-D.

tdhood_1-1600784824068.png

Esabee
Frequent Visitor

This has got progressively worse. I use this version (2.95.804.0 64-bit July 2021) and my entire suite of R visuals is now useless. Stuck in a perpetual loop of "Enable Script Visuals" (click) followed by "Select to enable" on the actual visual (click) and I get redicrect to the original "Enable Script Visuals". If this isn't fixed I will have to re-develop countless R visuals using what exactly I don't know. The inbuilt Power BI visuals do little for what I need to show.