Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Empty grey/gray error banner appearing at the top of Power BI report

Hi,

I have a report which is fed by direct query and the page is refreshed at 3 minute intervals. This same report is sitting on 4 different machines (with different filter configurations), these machines are are running 24/7 (with weekly restarts) .

My issue is, on a daily basis i will see a grey banner appear at the top of some (maybe all) of the report(s), this banner is normally used to display error messages, but mine are appearing with no text.

See below

Power_BI_noerror_banner.png

How can i stop this behaviour, without having to manually remote onto the machines and 'x' out of the banner?

Thanks

Hi @montanaBI 

You can try to create a data source same as before , then map the data source to your dataset .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @montanaBI 

When did this happen as you mentioned ? Will this banner affect the refresh and use of your report ?

Best Regards,

montanaBI
Frequent Visitor

I first began noticing this happening in late December.

I check the reports twice a day, i have documented my last 26 checks across the 4 reports, this error occoured in 29/104 checks (28%).

It doesnt affect the report refresh, it just looks unsightly and gives the impression the reports are not functioning correctly. Thanks

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @montanaBI 

You can try to create a data source same as before , then map the data source to your dataset .

Best Regards,

montanaBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

Are you asking me to recreate the PBIX?  Or redeploy the PBIX to the PBI service? 

Thanks

montanaBI
Frequent Visitor

Just to update,

On 31/1/23 I carried out some data source performance optimizations at the SQL level which included new SQL views, i deployed a new PBIX utilising these new views and for the past 1.5 days i havent had this issue.

I will continue to monitor and update in a week or so.

Thanks

montanaBI
Frequent Visitor

7 days later and the issue has not returned.