Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Embedded Query Duration Metrics - Very High

Hi All,

Over the weekend we had a sudden change to our query metcis output in Azure.

Approximately 2pm (GMT) query duration started increasing for no apparent reason - and it wont stop increasing.

BTW - we dont work over weekends so this is not a dpeloyment or change gone bad,

Query duration (average) on our premium capacity is now sat at 2.3 HOURS - when it normally sits within milliseconds (or a few seconds during busy periods). 

Anyone else seeing strange query duration metrics?
Using our applicatioin - everything appears to be working normally. Mondays are our busiest day of the week, so the site is always a little bit slow - but over 2 hours for a single query ??? dont think so.

Support-Embedded-capacity-query-duration-2.JPG

I have switched premium capacity between 2 regions - and the same thing happens.
Its almost as if the average duration has become a cumulative sum of all queries. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is a metric calculation issue and not a genuine indication of something going horribly wrong with our data model.

Cheers,
Matt

Comments
MattCalderwood
Responsive Resident

Following on from this...

I used the Azure Embedded metrics to look at the COUNT of query duration events.
There is a noticable change at the exactly the same time things went bad.

Looks like this is a metrics issue as opposed to something wrong with the Power BI instance itself.

Support-Embedded-capacity-query-duration- QueryCount.JPG

The annoying thing for us is that we have alerts set around performance., So things are looking really bad from that perspective. 

auroraer_gjr

We have the same issue. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MattCalderwood @auroraer_gjr

Please create a support ticket to get dedicated help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

MattCalderwood
Responsive Resident

@v-qiuyu-msft @auroraer_gjr 

Ticket created - will update this thread with any results.

Thanks

auroraer_admin
Regular Visitor

We have done the same and will update too.

MattCalderwood
Responsive Resident

I had missed a call from MS Support - but they left a message saying that the issue has been identified. 
No ETA for a fix yet though.