Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Embedded Power BI is not working

I am getting an error while trying to access embedded power bi saying connection was forcibly closed by remote host. 

this portal has been working smoothly for more than an year and I see this all of a sudden. Could you please look into this? please find a screen shot below for the error message.

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Thanks,

Perams

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've runned into the same issue and the only solution was to upgrade our .NET Framework. For us the embedded reportes worked properly from .Net Framework 4.6.1 up.

onset

Hi All,

I have just come across this issue today. This morning the embeded reports were loading fine. Now I am getting the

An error occurred while sending the request.

I have diabled TLS 1.1 and enabled TLS 1.2 on the server hosting the site. I have done all of the above mentioned change and still get the error. I cannot find any other sites referencing this issue for any other fixes.

I'm hoping someone out there has some other suggestions for me..

PolCarbonell

Hi,
I am facing the same issue today, in 2023, after my PC updated.
I am using Power Query for Excel, connecting to other Excel files.

I have seen the problems gets solved by adding the line:
System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol |= SecurityProtocolType.Tls11 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

My question is: where do I have to add this line? I have no idea...
Adding it in the query using the advanced editor shows an error due to the "|="

Thanks for your help,
Pol