Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Embed PowerBI visual in a PowerPoint: Works on PowerPoint Desktop app but not online

I can successfully embed PowerBi visuals into PowerPoint slides by the "export to powerpoint->embed live data " option. 

These visuals even refresh automatically on the PowerPoint Desktop App. However, when I try opening the same slides online (on chrome/edge), I get the below error asking me for the report link to be embedded. Are there specific settings needed for the visuals to show up every time we open the file in any browser?

madrush_0-1650484301012.png

Hi @madrush 

You mentioned embed PowerBi visuals into PowerPoint slides by the "export to powerpoint->embed live data" option, where did you do that ? Can you explain with a screenshot ? I currently don't have a way to test the scenario you're talking about . 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @madrush 

You mentioned embed PowerBi visuals into PowerPoint slides by the "export to powerpoint->embed live data" option, where did you do that ? Can you explain with a screenshot ? I currently don't have a way to test the scenario you're talking about . 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

madrush
Employee

Hey, 

Go to any report you want to export. Click on "Export" from the task bar ->"Powerpoint" ->"Embed live data"

madrush_0-1650560530450.png

Confirm that you want to open in powerpoint

madrush_1-1650560603036.png

Voila, it opens the ppt in the desktop version with the report page! 

But when I try to open the same ppt in a browser (chrome/edge), it shows the error pasted above

Hope this helps!

madrush
Employee

@v-yetao1-msft  Any updates?

lolbeat
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue...everything works in Powerpoint desktop including presentation mode.

Also, everything seems to work ok in Powerpoint online edit mode, including all filters / slicing etc. but when I switch to presentation mode I get the rotating 'loading...' icon or just a blank screen.