Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Email subscriptions no longer sending

Anyone else having this issue? They usually send daily/weekly with no issues, I haven't changed anything and everyone has a pro licence etc so unsure if it is a microsoft issue. 

I even have Power Automate solutions that are due to send after refreshing from an email trigger, the refresh worked but no send.

I have also tried to hit 'run now' and that didn't work but didn't give me any issue message.

Hi @Izzii0x,

There are several reasons that may block receiving a subscription. For more details, you could refer to the official doc FAQs about Troubleshoot subscribing to dashboards and reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Account or license issues

• A subscription will end if the Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license expires, the report or dashboard is deleted by the owner, or the user account used to create the subscription is deleted.

Email issues

• To avoid subscription emails going to your spam folder, add the Power BI email alias (no-reply-powerbi@microsoft.com) to your contacts. If you're using Microsoft Outlook, right-click the alias and select Add to Outlook contacts.
  • Subscriptions may fail on reports or dashboards with extremely large images due to email size limits.
  • Make sure that your User Principal Name (UPN) can receive emails.
  • Though you have a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license, you may not have a Microsoft Exchange license. If not, your Azure Active Directory account may not have an email or alternate email address specified. In this case, though the subscription appears to go out, you never receive a copy. If your Power BI admin assigns an email address, Power BI will synchronize the update the next time you sign in, and use that email address for the subscription.
  • If you have an alternate email address but no primary, Power BI uses that to deliver the subscription.

Admin portal settings

• Email subscriptions are not supported when Block Public Internet Access is enabled in the Power BI admin portal.

Please troubleshoot this issue with these steps firstly and let me know whether they help. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Izzii0x,

There are several reasons that may block receiving a subscription. For more details, you could refer to the official doc FAQs about Troubleshoot subscribing to dashboards and reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Account or license issues

• A subscription will end if the Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license expires, the report or dashboard is deleted by the owner, or the user account used to create the subscription is deleted.

Email issues

• To avoid subscription emails going to your spam folder, add the Power BI email alias (no-reply-powerbi@microsoft.com) to your contacts. If you're using Microsoft Outlook, right-click the alias and select Add to Outlook contacts.
  • Subscriptions may fail on reports or dashboards with extremely large images due to email size limits.
  • Make sure that your User Principal Name (UPN) can receive emails.
  • Though you have a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license, you may not have a Microsoft Exchange license. If not, your Azure Active Directory account may not have an email or alternate email address specified. In this case, though the subscription appears to go out, you never receive a copy. If your Power BI admin assigns an email address, Power BI will synchronize the update the next time you sign in, and use that email address for the subscription.
  • If you have an alternate email address but no primary, Power BI uses that to deliver the subscription.

Admin portal settings

• Email subscriptions are not supported when Block Public Internet Access is enabled in the Power BI admin portal.

Please troubleshoot this issue with these steps firstly and let me know whether they help. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun