Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Email subscription sends blank image after change to dashboard

Hi everyone,

the common issue from last year, where a blank/grey png is attached to subscribed emails is happening again for us (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/email-subscription-report-is-blank/idi-p/447361). This time it occured after I attached a new element to an existing dashboard with existing subscribers.

Please comment if this is a common issue and there is a workaround or it is the same bug from last year.

Best regards

Patrick

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue, pin a visual from one report(Report A) to a dashboard and create a subscribe for this dashboard, pin another visuals from the same report (Report A) and different report (Report B)  to this same dashboard, after refresh the dataset related to Report A, we can receive a email with snapshot to show pinned visuals from both Report A and Report B. 

In your scenario, please check if new added tiles in the dashboard hit the limitation below: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-report-subscribe#considerations-and-troubleshooting

Best Reards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and thank you for your answer. There are indeed some factors that my limit the possibility of subscriptions, so our dataset is a live connection to Azure Analysis Services, that also uses RLS. However, I am fairly certain that it worked last year. 

However, I might have to figure out a workaround.

Thanks

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Per limitaions listed in document

"

• Currently, email subscriptions for reports/dashboards using live connection datasets aren't supported when subscribing users other than yourself.
  • If any dashboard tiles have row level security (RLS) applied, those tiles will not display.
  • You can't subscribe other users to a report that has row level security (RLS) applied.

"

In your scenario, as you connect live to Azure Analysis Services, there is no RLS defined on Power BI side,  if you subscribe dashboard for yourself, you should be able to get subscribe email and snapshot for dashboards. 

As I don't have Azure Analysis Services data source to test the issue currently, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered