Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Email subscription not rendering report or dashboard preview image

We are using email subscriptions fo reports and dashboards as a way for end users to get notified when report data is refreshed.

While the emails are being sent out, the preview images of the selected dashboards or report pages occasionally do not render on the email and only a "blank" grey box is displayed on the email.

The reports and dashboards are only refreshed once a day and as mentioned, this seems to happen at least twice a week for various users. We are also not using any non-certified custom visuals or large images in the mentioned reports and dashboards.

Can you please provide a solution?

Thanks.

ELT summary dashboard - 25092016- Blank.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cc_will

I noticed that there is a notification in the email - If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser.

How about the result if you click that notification?

Best Regards,
Herbert

cc_will
Regular Visitor

Hi Herbert,

Yes, that notification is present on all the subscription emails, even the ones which render correctly.

Clicking on the link just opens the same blank grey canvas in the browser.

Regards,

Willem

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cc_will

I cannot repro the same issue on my side with several tries. Could you please confirm that there are same visuals (maybe different data in them becuase of dataset update) in the report when the email report is not rendered correctly, compared with the one when the email report is rendered correctly?

Best Regards,
Herbert

cc_will
Regular Visitor

Hi Herbert,

Yes I can confirm that the same visuals are being used in both cases.

Here is a sample of the correctly rendered version: (This is a dashboard subscription, but we also have the same problem on other report subscriptions).

Rendered versionRendered version

Regards,

Willem

cc_will
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Any update on trying to reproduce this issue?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cc_will

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a similar issue. The attached image show all parts of the dashboard while the email renders everything apart from the top tile. Please can you provide a solution as this a real issue for our users.

rodrigofrmuniz
Regular Visitor

Hi!
I'm having the same issue here, but ONLY for panels.

The email came with a grey image, just like cc_will told.

Any news with this?

Thanks,
Best regards

jotaandres
Helper I

I have a dashboard that was working perfectly until June 13th. Then the subscription shows a big Gray Box.

I need some assitance, this report has high visibility in my company

siemdevlieger
Helper I

Same for me, since June 13th many of our report subscriptions show grey boxes.

Only for Dashboards, subscriptions to emails are still ok.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated as I am getting a lot of questions on this.

Thanks