Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Email Subscription feature is not fully rendering image output

Need:

• As an user, I want to receive an email notification of multiple dashboard tiles as an image.

Result:

• I sent up a 'subscription' of a dashboard; an email is triggered by Power BI and a notification + image of the dashboard tiles are sent/received.

Issue:

• I pinned less than 10 tiles from a report to the dashboard, after the email is received, the image that is received is half  'rendered'.

Expectation:

• I would like to receive an email with an attached image of dashboard tiles that are fully rendered within the scope of the the limitations outline by Microsft here.

Additional:

• There are a total of 8 matrix tables that I 'pinned' as tiles to the dashboard. Each pinned tile was extended (stretched) greater than the matrix tables true size because these tables will change in size day by day (depends on the data entered behind the scenes). If the tiles are not stretched then only a portion of the matrix table may show (A tile does not automatically adjust depending on the matrix tables size, tiles (from my understanding) must be manually adjusted accordingly). The image that is received via email using the 'subscription' option shows 4 of the tiles rendering as normal, but the remaining 4 tiles are 1/5 rendered. 

Thanks in-advance for your guidance.

Comments
MickeyMouse

Need:

• As a user, I want to receive an email notification of multiple dashboard tiles as an image.

Result:

• I sent up a 'subscription' of a dashboard; an email is triggered by Power BI and a notification + image of the dashboard tiles are sent/received.

Issue:

• I pinned less than 10 tiles from a report to the dashboard, after the email is received, the image that is received is partially 'rendered' (~50%).

Expectation:

• I would like to receive an email with an attached image of dashboard tiles that are fully rendered within the scope of the the limitations outline by Microsft here.

Additional:

• There are a total of 8 matrix tables that I 'pinned' as tiles to the dashboard. Each pinned tile was extended (stretched) greater than the matrix tables true size because these tables will change in size day by day (depends on the data entered behind the scenes). If the tiles are not stretched then only a portion of the matrix table may show (A tile does not automatically adjust depending on the matrix tables size, tiles (from my understanding) must be manually adjusted accordingly). The image that is received via email using the 'subscription' option shows 4 of the tiles rendering as normal, but the remaining 4 tiles are 1/5 rendered. 

Thanks in-advance for your guidance.

MickeyMouse

Below is the result of the output:

Half Render.png

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@MickeyMouse ,

What is the data source of your Power BI report? What sepecific visuals do you create?Could you please post the screenshots about the dashboard and image in subscription email here?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. My visuals are coming out half rendered. Is there a fix for this or a reason why it's happening?