Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EffectiveUserName' XML for Analysis property is not valid

hi, 

I am getting the below error while refreshing the dataset " xxx@abc.com 'EffectiveUserName' XML for Analysis property is not valid."

The gateway is opened for the multidimensional cube and the account used for the gateway creation have admin rights to the cube as well. There is no issue on the gateway side and it is showing that the connection is successfull.

I have also tried to change to changed the Privacy level in the advanced setting from Organization to Private or Public but the issue remains same.

The gateway version is October-2020 (latest version)

Error.JPG

Any help/idea would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Arshad

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Anonymous 

When configuring Gateway for SSAS data source, the Windows account you enter must have Server Administrator permissions for the instance you are connecting to. Please refer to the Note in doc below:

Manage your data source - Analysis Services

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Lin,

There is no issue with the gateway connection , the service account is added in the admin role of the database,Please see the below image. Please let me know if we have to add the service account on the server administrator. And is there any other way of doing this as Server owner might not allow to have admin access on the server.

moarshad_0-1603966926548.png

Regards,
Arshad

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Anonymous 

The Windows account you enter must be a member of the Server Administrator role on the Analysis Services instance you're connecting to. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas

Regards,

Lin